Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Potholder Huevos: A Love Story

 My Darling Potholder Cafe,
  
How do I love thee? I would count all the ways but we'd be here all day.  Your fresh OJ, bottomless coffee cup, huge menu, cheap prices, comfy booths, attentive staff, wall photos, and short wait (even on Sunday mornings) all keep me coming back.  But the main reason I return again and again is for your huevos menu—Mexican-style breakfast served at least ten different ways. This morning, with my cousin Shelley in tow, I ordered up one of my favorites from your menu, the Huevos Rancheros. It's hard to say what the best part of this dish is. The half of a perfectly ripe avocado on top? The jalapeños? The egg over medium? The sour cream? Maybe it's the hash-like potatoes that I use to sop up the golden yolk? I contemplated all these reasons as I devoured my plate. Good thing Shelley relinquished the leftovers from her breakfast burritos. They will have to hold me over until our next visit, when I'm sure to leave fat and happy, as always.


Very truly yours,

Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment