Sunday, November 27, 2011

Jalapeños and Cheddar and Waffles, Oh My!

This is no ordinary waffle. Behold the Jalapeño Cheddar Waffle at Omelette & Waffle Shop, a local breakfast hot spot in San Pedro. It may sound strange, but it is truly delicious. The zest of the peppers and cheese is perfectly paired with butter and syrup.  Sweet not only meets savory, but has a full-blown love affair. I am helpless against the powers of this waffle. I was seduced yet again on my second visit to Omelette and Waffle, a favorite of my friends Katie and Matt. On my first visit, I had to share this glorious waffle. The one pictured here was all mine, save one bite, which was shared reluctantly. On my next visit, I will attempt to resist the powers of the JC Waffle. My next selection from their enormous menu? Breakfast burrito? Huevos rancheros?

1 comment:

  1. Mmm, this looks and sounds good! I had a cheddar and bacon waffle a couple weeks ago, but this one sounds better; I bet the zest was just right. And am I the only person who will crave waffles at any meal?

    ReplyDelete